Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jokes On You!

We found some funny pictures about SOPA/PIPA and thought we'd share! Share your thoughts on any of these pictures or post some of your personal favorites! Enjoy!
http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/?tag=sopa
http://www.washtenawvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/sopa-pipa-cartoon-1000x651.png
http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SOPA-and-PIPA.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxrjmypgna1qewacoo1_500.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I especially liked the one with the two convicts. This gives motivation to not pirate a digital item because it leads to jail time. Although it is not as horrendous as the other crimes, copying other people projects and ideas is a violation that I think everyone has done once in their life. I'm likely sure that everyone has downloaded a song off the Internet once without paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these pictures made me laugh. There are many countries that censor the internet however those countries have very different governments than ours. The fact that jail time could be faced for piracy when there are violent criminals out there seems like a waste of time and funds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the pictures, especially the two convict one because it shows how some of this piracy stuff is getting out of hand and companies are trying to take this a little to far. The Sheneman one was also very funny and shows a lot how it is mostly politicians trying to gain more power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the comics, especially the one with the two people in jail. It does seem at times that the government is so focused on internet piracy that in their minds it is just as serious and punishable offense as murder. While I agree that illegally taking someone's intellectual property and using it for their own benefits is wrong, does it not sometimes help increase interest in the media itself? If you hear a good song on the radio and download it online and listened to it a few times, might you not be tempted to hear some of the other songs of the artist and purchase the CD or download the album from Itunes? I also think that as there continues to be a large number of internet viruses attached to music and movies that can be downloaded it has probably scared off quite a few people who may have illegally downloaded things in the past but now spend the money just so they don't have to worry about dealing with a crashed computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viruses do scare off quite a few people, but it sure doesn't stop them.

      Delete
  5. I liked the comic strips on SOPA they all made me laugh. The one with the two convicts is the best when the big man who killed somebody moves away. I like how it made fun of how they are taking some of this piracy stuff to far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, honestly I think these are all being blown out of proportion, its good that people are for and against SOPA and PIPA, but some people are getting all worked up about something that is technically already a "rule/guideline" as far as illegal downloading etc. The comics are a good way to show the chaos that is or may be these rules. We will see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're glad everyone enjoyed the comics, especially the one with the 2 convicts. It's just a little humor to lighten the mood on such a tense subject.

    ReplyDelete